Butternut Squash Salmon Chowder
Very easy to prepare -- great for cold winter days (and also a good use of freezer burned salmon, if you ever run into that problem).
First the Spousal Special Cheater Version -- maximum impressiveness, minimal work.
- Empty 1 litre tetrapak of Pacific Foods Organic Butternut Squash Cream Soup into large pot; medium-low heat.
- Add 1 filet of salmon, cut into 2cm cubes.
- Add 1 can of corn niblets.
- Add 1 large carrot, diced finely.
- Add one-half red onion, diced finely.
- Add 1 bunch of fresh dill or 1-2 tablespoons dried dill.
- Cook 30 minutes, until salmon flakes with a fork.
- Add fresh squeezed lime if you like citrus.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
Now the version from scratch:
- 4 cups of water in a medium pot, on medium-low heat.
- Peel 1 butternut squash, cut into squares, add.
- Chop up onions, carrots, corn, 3 sprigs of scallions, dill and add them to the pot.
- Cover and let cook on a low flame for 30 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Cut up the salmon and add it to the soup, along with the cream.
- Let cook for another 20 minutes.
Port Renfrew Fishing Adventures